background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Texas to Seattle-A road trip

My college car was still alive and kicking, so my mom and I planned a road trip from Dallas, TX to Seattle, WA.  We shared lots of laughs and scary passenger moments for my mother (I really am a good driver).  It took us 5 days with stops in Santa Fe, NM, and The Grand Canyon.  Then we had a few days to see Seattle before mom flew back home.  Patrick, the wonderful husband and son-in-law that he is, welcomed us to Seattle and our corporate apartment with flowers, fresh Washington apples, and very sweet cards.  It was a great start to this new life adventure.
(A church in Santa Fe)
Cool scenery in New Mexico/Arizona

The Grand Canyon-surely a wonder!
And we had to stop to let elk cross the road leaving the park.
An In-N-Out Burger in Arizona.  I love this stuff!
somewhere in California

And somewhere in Oregon.  (Stupid...no pictures of Seattle.  I'm an idiot.  She'll be back)

No comments: