background

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Vacation-Chapter 1-Hot Springs Village, AR

Some of my best memories as a child were of family parties or trips with my cousins and aunts and uncles. Family has always been a tremendous part of our lives so we were thrilled to take Harper down south first to Arkansas and then to Texas to meet and play with her cousins, aunts, uncles, great aunts and uncles, and grandparents. As I'm uploading images for this entry, I'm realizing that I took far less pictures of our entire trip than I realized, so I'm sure I'll be adding and swiping pictures as I go.
Every year for the fourth of July, Patrick's mother, father, sister and her family rent a house on one of the lakes in Hot Springs Village, AR. We missed out the past 2 years with our travels, but were so excited to spend some quality time with everyone and have Harper get to know her aunt, uncle and cousins. She loved showing off all her new trick...eating solids, rolling over, biting with her very strong bottom teeth, sitting up, scooting, and "talking".
(Cousin Hunter, Daddy, Aunt Heather, and Harper-eating)
Aunt Heather encouraged Harper to stand and got her to do it on her own while resting on a box. Thanks Aunt Heather now she only wants to stand. :) Heather also spoiled her rotten with lots of noisy toys, fulfilling her role as the super fun aunt.
(Nene and Harper cuddling on the dock)
Nene brought a small blow-up pool for Harper. She loved splashing around with me and Lindsay (Connor and Hunter's close family friend). Lindsay and her sister Melody have joined in the festivities for the past two years. All the kids loved playing with Harper in between their adventures out on the lake.
(One of maybe 2 times Harper left the sunglasses on for more than 2.2 seconds. Thank goodness she tolerated hats or I would have never let her out in the sun.)
The 2 H's-Hunter loved posing with his cousin, Harper.
We got a chair that screws on to most table tops in leu of a high chair. Harper loved sitting at the table with everyone and we thoroughly enjoyed her every squeal and bang.
We are "those" bad parents.
The cousins, Connor, Harper, and Hunter. (I heart this one!)




The raft was so much fun. The kids, Curtis, and Patrick also knee-boarded and wake-boarded.
Harper's first time in the lake lasted just long enough for a few fish to nibble at me and Nene.

Chillin' with Papa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Hot Springs Village to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane